84 Rusholme Road
Dufferin Grove | Toronto
84 Rusholme Road
For Sale: $2,639,000
- 4 + 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
Crush on Rush.
On a scale from one to the cat’s pyjamas … this house is a cashmere robe. One of the most thoughtful restorations, re-imagined and refined renovations this side of heaven. Dream layouts on every level: open concept main floor with wood burning fireplace, pantry (!!) and powder room. Second floor master retreat (has a sitting room, fireplace, closets for two people and a 5 piece bathroom), and another bedroom and bathroom which is currently a TV room leading into an office in the back extension. Third floor has two bedrooms and is a kid retreat/treehouse with built-in loft bed nook and enough space for the drum kit AND the fish tank. About the nicest 2 bedroom basement apartment there is, AND a fully separate coach house/studio in the backyard – yes there is a bathroom in there – no kitchen. Walk to Little Italy (Giuletta is a 45 second walk), Dundas West, Trinity Bellwoods, Dufferin Grove, the West End Y, transit, and the rest of your life. This is big time ‘forever’ worthy. Come and get it.
The master bedroom. It really is a quiet, adult retreat. Wherever I am in this room there is an amazing view. Propped up in bed looking to the other side of 2 open and connected rooms, with the most beautiful fireplace at the centre of that view.
In the master bedroom ‘sitting room’ I have a daybed in front of the bay window. In the summer, it’s like living in a tree house. All I see are the leaves and branches of the Dutch Elm tree in the front yard.
I love that when I run a hot bath and add lemon oil, the whole master suite smells of lemons.
The family room. It’s cozy and we keep it dark with a blackout blind. We have a massive, comfy, almost disproportionate couch in there and we pile on and watch movies in the dark – even the middle of the day in July. That room has seen many an UberEats delivery.
The living room. We don’t have a TV in the living room, so it really has become a place for us to sit around the fire (literally) and hang out. We keep a pile of crossword books and a wooden chess set on the coffee table. Sometimes our neighbours tell us they can smell the wood burning in our fireplace from down the street and it’s lovely.
I like that I designed the kitchen to be wide open and spacious. I never bang into things. I’m really gangly and clumsy so I love the extra space. The pantry is secretly the coolest room in the house. It has a floor-to-ceiling window and I sit on the little stepladder in there with my coffee, staring at the trees in the yard.
The backyard. It’s pet-grade astroturf so it’s always green and pretty. Sometimes I vacuum it, ha! We hang sailcoths in the yard in the summer so the entire yard becomes private, light-dappled, shady and sunny. It’s like another room, but it’s a bit dreamlike too.
Our 10 year old loves, beyond compare, her bed nook. She designed it and it has a translucent solar spot that gradually lets daylight in in the mornings.
Our cat loves the “catio” we built her off the living room window. She sits in it for hours at a time in the summer staring at birds.
- Restored the original staircase, floors and working wood fireplaces
- Farrow and Ball paint throughout
- Restored the unique curvature of the transitioning wall to the ceiling on 1st and 2nd floors
- Opened up most of the main floor
- White oak chevron flooring on main floor
- Main floor risers tiled in French porcelain penny tiles
- Created a massive master bedroom retreat using three conventionally sized rooms
- Created the master ensuite and kids’ bathroom on third floor, added the powder room on main floor and additional 3 piece on second floor, as well 3 piece in in-law suite, 3 piece in couch house
- Six bathrooms throughout including custom-made walk-in showers in most
- Master bathroom shower incorporates white Carrera marble, porcelain floor tiles and Parisian grid-style glass. Also has a deep, soaker tub
- Marble tile floors in his and hers master closets
- Flooring between main and basement and main and 2nd floor and main hyper-insulated for total sound dampening
- White oak 7″ wide flooring on 2nd & 3rd floors
- Custom built laundry suite with laundry sink and marble countertop
- Full height, fully redone 2 bedroom basement apartment
- French porcelain 2×2 tiles throughout the dedicated basement laundry suite and kitchen
- New kitchen, bathroom and flooring in basement
- Upgraded to ductless AC throughout
- Fully refurbished original radiators throughout
- Installed new lighting throughout including the unique “light sabre” chandelier in the kitchen, plaster medallions in principle rooms and recessed LED lights installed where design-appropriate
- Ontario granite honed kitchen counters. Solid oak kitchen cabinets handmade in Québec
- Kitchen design based on New York home of actor Julianne Moore
- New windows throughout
- All new, custom-built exterior doors
- Full landscaping integrating artificial grass, sculptural work, and evergreen trees
- We have the added convenience of not one, but TWO redwood garden sheds on site. One is for garbage bins and the other is in backyard for tools
- Built a deck in the backyard
- Built front and backyard fencing
- Toja grid solar gazebo in yard, with retractable awning, for total privacy
- Coach house interior redone
- Put in a herringbone patio stone walkway on the side of the house
- Re-did entire kitchen in minimalist aesthetic that works seamlessly in the principle room, created a dedicated pantry room
- Installed CB2 built-in bookcases throughout the house
- Custom handmade wallpaper where found
- Marimekko wallpaper in the in-law suite
- Custom-built closets in kids’ rooms
Possession | 90 – 120 Days
Property Taxes | $5,970 / 2019
Size | 2,630 Square Feet Above Grade; 3,590 Total Square Feet + 200 Square Foot Studio
Lot Size | 25.07 x 100 Feet
Parking | Legal front pad parking
Mechanics | Ductless AC throughout and radiant heat.
- All appliances except the free standing wine fridge
- Samsung stove in main kitchen & Maytag stove in basement
- Two sets of Samsung washer/dryers
- Two LG fridges
- Two Bosch dishwashers
- All ceiling lighting
- Garden sculpture
- Exterior sheds
- Porch bench
- Coach house and basement suite window ACs
- Clothing rack system in basement suite
- CCTV system
- Heineken sign in backyard
- CB2 shelving in TV room
- Marble French island in kitchen
- Desk in office
- Steel cabinets in office
- Yard furniture
- Master bedroom daybed (it fits like an absolute glove)
- Basement furniture
- Coach house furniture
- Custom built TV room sofa