481 Spadina Road
Forest Hill South
481 Spadina Road
For Sale: $3,379,000
- 5 + 1 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
La Petite Fleur
In the bustling hive of Forest Hill Village, the sun pours layers of golden light into the deep and unassuming property of 481 Spadina Road. Her strong stone front is nestled quietly beneath the canopy of tall, century old trees, and faces the lush greenery of the arcadian Suydam Park. Such as the famous French chocolatine, this 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom, detached home is a beloved choice amongst buyers looking to settle in Prime Forest Hill South.
Lined with high, arched windows across the broad, sunken family room, the back of the house charms like a traditional chateau in the evening glow of the wood-burning fireplace. Through the glass, which looks out into the private yard, one might find themselves absorbed in thought, while staring into the undisturbed waters of the peaceful pool. Or perhaps, on a hot summer afternoon, you’ll find yourself splashing, and making memories with family and friends by the grill.
Clandestine stairs spiral upwards to the second floor primary bedroom where you can escape the chaos for a moment of privacy. Three additional and spacious bedrooms are found there and will accommodate a growing family of all ages. The third, floor hideaway, currently used as a bedroom, has its own private bathroom and is the canvas of what could be a full, top floor primary overlooking the blossoming yard for the right visionary.
La Vie En Rose. Can you hear the jazzy call of the saxophone? Taste the subtle shade of pink swirling around in your wine glass? 481 Spadina Road, Forest’s Hill’s little flower, is a bright new step for any buyer in search of their next happy chapter in Toronto’s most prestigious neighbourhood.
Possession | Flexible
Property Taxes | $10,806.06 / 2022
Property Size | 3,337 square feet above grade
Lot Size | 31 x 219.16 feet
Parking | 3x vehicles
• All planters and boxwoods (wrought iron planter in front, 2 wrought iron planters in back, 11 plastic planters in back and 10 boxwoods)
• All pool equipment (vacuum, skimmer, hose, brush & pool chemicals for the 2024 pool season)
• Lawn mower and 2 storage shelves in sheds
• 2 storage shelves in utility room / crawl space
• Stand alone air conditioner in 3rd floor bedroom / flex space
• Large outdoor rubbermaid storage bin at side of house
Price | $3,497,000
The deep, tree-lined lot (31 x 219.16 feet). You don’t find specialty lots of this size very often in Toronto –especially in prime, south Forest Hill.
The above suggests an opportunity to build back, or smartly renovate to personal liking.
Walkability to Forest Hill Village makes running a quick errand to pick up a bottle of wine, some garlic for a pasta sauce, or a sunday coffee quick and effortless!
Extension at back of house with wood-burning fireplace. Movie nights never felt so good.
The inground pool. Need we say more?
Ask for the “From The Owner’s Lens” feature sheet to see the magical outdoor space in summer and winter.
Amongst the distinguished fortresses of Forest Hill South is the inviting family home of 481 Spadina Road. Here, you’re surrounded by luxury. Forest Hill is known for a blend of old-world historic homes and grand new-build architecture making a morning run or evening stroll around your neighbourhood, a very enjoyable one.
On the edge of Forest Hill Village, you are steps from restaurants, banking, small grocers, coffee shops, specialty gyms, ice cream joints, pet stores, pharmacies & the LCBO.
It’s a distinct neighbourhood with some of Ontario’s best and preferred schools – as seen on HQ sheet below.
Notable nearby restaurants: Joso’s, Sotto Sotto, Adrak, Osteria Guilia, Aburi Hana & a ‘fan-favourite’ Terroni on Price.
• Easy access to nearby walking & biking trails
• 2 min walk to Forest Hill Village shops
• 2 min walk to Starbucks
• 2 min walk to LCBO
• 15 min walk to St Clair Subway Station
• 15 min walk to Loblaws|
• 20 min walk to Casa Loma
• 3.7km to Royal Ontario Museum
•3.8km to University of Toronto
• 5.6km to Eaton Centre
• 6.5km to CN Tower
• 6.8km to Rogers Centre
• 7.6km to Scotiabank Arena
•7.9km to Porter Airlines
• 6 min drive to Yorkville Village / Bloor Yorkville Shopping
•10 min drive to Yorkdale Mall
•10 min drive to Mount Sinai Hospital
• 11 min drive to Toronto General Hospital
• 15 min drive to Sunnybrook Hospital
• 20 min to Toronto Pearson Airport
• Composite “Azek” deck
• Front landscaping and interlock driveway
• 2017 New Skylight on 3rd floor
• 2017 New Hot Water Tank
• 2017 New Pool Liner and Rubaroc surfacing around pool
• 2017 New Flat Roof off of 3rd floor
• 2018 New Kitchen aid dishwasher
• 2018 New Bosch stackable washer and dryer (2nd floor)
• 2021 New Fence on north side of property
• 2023 Complete Basement Renovation (vinyl flooring and bathroom)
• 2023 New Furnace (with 10 year warranty)
• 2023 New Fence on south side and rear of property
• Renovated (2023) Nanny Suite in basement with separate kitchen, washer dryer & side entrance
• Freshly painted back of house exterior, main floor entrance & hallways, 2nd floor hallway, bathrooms & 3rd floor
• 2x Flex spaces that can be used for office, playroom, library, baby nursery
• Primary Bedroom includes french doors to juliette balconies & ensuite bathroom
• Working wood burning fireplace in sunken living room at back of house