33 Whitaker Avenue
West Queen West
33 Whitaker Avenue
For Sale: $1,249,000
- 2+1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1,772 SQ FT
WOOing for Whitaker!
The end of the street and start of your life. Victorian charm from the outside all the way through this sweet semi-detached slice of downtown paradise (Tall people! See ceiling height). Main level with ten ft ceilings, 12” baseboards, and a room adjacent to the kitchen – great breakfast spot or family room. Charming city backyard with parking in the back. Upstairs, two bedrooms and a laundry room currently but an easy switch to an office or small bedroom. Basement has been dug down – ceilings are 7’6″ – and there’s another full bathroom. Snugly tucked away between Queen W and King W so close to transit, food, the core, the highway and life’s necessities. This is a heart slayer and has you written all over it. Come and get it.
- 2022 new roof
- 2019 added air conditioning
- 2015 new siding
- 2009 approved 3rd floor addition through committee of adjustment
- Architectural drawing completed for a third-floor bedroom, ensuite and balcony
- Underpinned resulting in a dry and 8ft high ceilinged basement with a 3 piece bathroom and large living space
- Installed 2 sump pumps with battery emergency backup
- Created European-style terrace with an automatic garage door
- Restored the Victorian features on the front of house, including a new porch roof, porch cobblestones and eavestrough
- We opened up the breakfast nook with large sliding doors to the back
- Added upstairs laundry room
- Replaced moulding around doors and windows
- Added wisteria trellis to add shade to the backyard
- Kitchen updates include a new backsplash and sink
- Back in 2007, we casually walked into an open house. This end-of-the-street oasis was the first and last house we saw.
- All the charms of a Victorian – high ceilings, tall baseboards and original door knobs – but updated throughout.
- A quiet corner of downtown that is a hundred feet from the hippest neighbourhood in the country. Dive bars to fine dining – The Done Right Inn to Edulis. Happy hour at Beast Resto at the top of the street.
- Backyard parking, but always a spot on the street for residents.
- Drinks in the evening on our European-style terrazzo.
- Young families and dogs all around.
- A blooming wisteria in the back (we call her Cassandra).
- We love this house, but it’s time for winters in Mexico.
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $5,550.06 / 2022
Size | 1,772 sq ft total (1,185 sq ft above grade)
Lot Size | 13 x 80 ft
Parking | 1 car detached carport via lane
Mechanics | Forced air and gas furnace. Ductless A/C unit.
Inclusions | GE washer & dryer, Kenmore dishwasher, Maytag stove and LG fridge. Bedroom blinds, all light fixtures not outlined in exclusions, Tiffany porch lamp, antique cabinet in kitchen, basement shelving and closets and the bedroom closets.
Exclusions | Light fixtures in the living room and dining room. Sconces in the basement bathroom, laundry room, 2nd floor bath, 2nd floor hallway (x2). Lights in the nursey, primary bedroom and outdoor front porch light.
(All excluded light fixtures to be replaced prior to closing)