102 Seaton Street
102 Seaton Street
For Sale: $1,798,000
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
Uncompromising Cabbagetown Victorian
This striking home has been thoughtfully restored and renovated to satisfy modern aesthetics while accentuating its character features.
The entrance with original solid wood double doors, beautiful stained glass and intact plaster mouldings is spacious and welcoming. Dramatic high baseboards, plaster ceiling medallions and crown mouldings are complemented by warm hardwood floors, exposed brick and 10′ ceilings in the formal living and dining rooms.
Beyond, the modern designer kitchen and family room offer an airy, inspiring space for preparing a feast, savouring a coffee or unwinding after a long day. Well-placed skylights in the kitchen’s cathedral ceiling maximize the natural light over the centre island; a focal point of the space with its waterfall edge and breakfast bar.
Patio doors exit to a perfect downtown Toronto oasis with a wonderful mix of sun, shade and privacy. Multiple seating areas, contemporary lights and easy-care perennials work in harmony to create a seasonal living space that enchants. Capped off with a rare two-car garage with bonus storage off a wide laneway.
The second storey continues the thoughtful blending of modern and heritage elements. A king-sized master bedroom provides a serene retreat with an attached dressing room and plenty of storage. The luxurious bathroom’s elegance is underscored by clean lines and a neutral palette. Not to be overlooked, the second bedroom is large, bright and airy.
Finally, the versatile third storey is an open and inspiring space. With a second full bathroom, it serves as a potential guest space, studio or office and is large enough to be all three.
Lot Size | 18.01′ x 146′
Property Taxes | $5,844.93
Storeys | 3
Bedrooms | 3
Bathrooms | 3
Basement | Unfinished
Parking | Two car garage off lane
Mechanics | Furnace, CAC and Hot Water Tank – Owned
Alarm System | Assumable $45.09 / month
Possession | 60 Days / Flexible
Inclusions | Complete set of stainless steel appliances including a gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher, hood vent and microwave. Second floor laundry with side-by-side, front-loading washer and dryer. Thoughtful conveniences can be found throughout such as in-wall wireless Sonos speakers, Nest thermostat and smoke and CO detectors, natural gas BBQ line and timer controlled outdoor lighting.
Foyer | Intact ornamental plaster archway. Stained glass transom window with house number. Solid wood heritage double doors with stained glass inserts. Imported Italian tile entrance and wood floors. Crystal chandelier.
Living Room | Hardwood floors. Original 14″ baseboards. 10′ ceilings. Large bay window floods the space with natural light. Intact plaster medallion and crown moldings. Mid-century inspired Sputnik light fixture.
Dining Room | Hardwood floors. Original 14″ baseboards. 10′ ceilings. Intact plaster medallion and crown moldings. Antique cast iron decorative fireplace insert.
Family Room | 2-pc powder room. 9′ ceilings. Hardwood floors. Exposed brick.
Kitchen | Scavolini design and cabinetry. Caesarstone island with waterfall edge and breakfast bar. Gas range. Stainless steel appliances. Cathedral ceiling. Two skylights. Walk-out to deck.
Master Bedroom | Hardwood floors. 9′ ceiling. California king-sized. French doors. Triple closet with sliding doors and custom organizers. Modern ceiling fan with remote.
Dressing Room | Hardwood floors. French doors. Wall-to-wall wardrobe with organizers.
Second Bedroom | Hardwood floors. 9′ ceilings. French door. Built-in shelves. Closet.
Second Floor Bathroom | Spa-inspired with high-end European fixtures. Large glass shower enclosure with rain shower head and wand. Free-standing hydrotherapy soaker tub. Separate water closet with wall-mounted toilet and cleansing seat. Plenty of natural light from 3 windows.
Second Floor Laundry | Side-by-side stainless steel front-loading washer and dryer. Deep adjustable shelving. Double doors.
Third Floor Bedroom | Alternative master bedroom or totally indulgent guest space. 3-pc renovated ensuite. Skylight. Meditation space in gable.
Front Exterior | Restored Bay and Gable circa 1893. Brick arches over windows and doors. Wood gingerbread-style gable trim and carved brackets. Traditional black metal fence with gate. Perennial garden.
Back Exterior | Heritage appropriate wood shake siding. Tiered deck with multiple seating areas for easy entertaining. Direct line natural gas barbeque hook-up. Perennial gardens. Multiple light sources for ambiance.
Garage | Double car width with remote automatic door opener. Ample additional storage for seasonal items. Electric sub-panel. Buyer could look into the potential of building a laneway suite for income generator or in-law suite: property falls within the City of Toronto Laneway Suites Study area.
- Custom antique cast iron address plaque
- Installed solar pathway lights
- Landscaping cloth underlay around shrubbery
- Replaced old spot light, timer and updated wiring
- Painted: front door, steps, walkway, wrought iron urn
- LED patio light strings with reinforced cables and extra-durable weather rated connections
- Outdoor fence lights installed
- Solar pathway lights
- Patio door antique style lantern lights installed
- New spot light with timer on maple tree
- Replaced all ballasts
- New T8 energy efficient LED lights
- New sensor and 2 rear spot lights installed
- Garage backyard entrance light restored
- New LED light fixture above garage door
- Garage door painted
- Refreshed with new imported Italian tile in foyer
- Copper Sputnik ceiling mounted light fixture in living room
- Painted dining room
- Silver ceiling mounted light fixture in family room
- New microwave install in kitchen
- Heritage protection and restoration of front decorative gable trim including squirrel-proofing of original front roof
- HVAC carrier AC unit (July)
- *10 year parts & 2 year labour
- South downspout redirect – 30 feet of old downspout removed and meticulously replaced, connected and weather sealed, repainted and run under deck
- Deck board removal and replacement to accommodate new downspout
- North and south fence repairs and reinforcement
- Cedar shake rear siding replacement and maintenance
- South side step replacement with new treated wood
- Outdoor spigot repaired
- Professionally installed in-wall, wireless Sonos sound system in kitchen, living room and upstairs hallway for continuous access
- Smart speakers with Alexa
- New track lighting in master bedroom dressing room
- New ceiling mounted light fixture in 2nd bedroom
- New quiet exhaust fan installed with light and timer switch in 2nd floor bathroom
- Laundry: hose strengthened and reconnect, space refreshed including deep clean of washer and dryer
- Major restoration of plaster ceiling and recreation of new plaster crown in dining room by certified “Master Plasterer” (currently working on Massey Hall Heritage Restoration). Duration: 3 weeks
- New roof on rear addition (November)
- Sky lights removed, sealed with new ice and water protector layer, new metal flashing and heavy duty caulking and sealing for complete leak protection
- Windows: new heavy duty caulking and weather-proof sealing of window in main bathroom which overlooks roof above kitchen
- Warranty: 10 years labour
- Floor professionally washed, prepped and painted with appropriate paint coating
- Plumbing: new digital water meter; new shut off valves for exterior water faucets to prevent freezing
- New LED ceiling mounted fixture above island
- Custom-made Scavolini kitchen with Caesarstone island and counters
- New 30″ gas range with exposed hood
- New stainless steel fridge and dishwasher
- New tiles (Centura)
- Patio door & custom blinds
- Water tank & furnace (owned)
- 10 year parts – 5 year labour (January 24, 2020)
- Furnace maintenance plan: renewed Jan 24, 2019: $136.73
- Filters replaced 6 times per year
- April 26, 2019: latest furnace maintenance
- Plumbing: replacement of lead pipes with new 3/4″ copper supply pipe to City Water (along property line). Break concrete, excavate, replace, remove & relocate water meter
New lighting and electrical updates were sourced from Union, Artemide, Sesco, elte MKT, Paul Wolf